Wednesday, July 4, 2012

An in(ter)dependence kind of day!

 While I think that independence is important and glorious, I also really like the idea of interdependence. Today I look forward to carousing with friends from all parts of my life at a feast later on this afternoon, as we eat grilled delicacies and chat on a West Philly porch, reconnecting, and celebrating our lives together. This day, to me, then, is more about being connected to others--interdependence-- and less about independence.

In celebration of interdependence, I invite you to look at this clip from 5/23/12, which reflects not only glorious creativity and spirit, but also great interdependence-- interdependence of the people who worked hard to put this project together, but more than that, the interdependence of this wonderful community of people, with so much love to share, all in celebration of one couple:



With happy wishes for a lovely day of interdependence, I wish you well on your fourth of July!

Cheers,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment