Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cart-toting

Hello friends,

This post is a little different, but I've been feeling the need to share my own thoughts, so wanted to here:


For the last few weeks, I have been walking around New York City promoting the AIDS Walk by foot, toting a full cart filled with supplies to businesses.

Yesterday was our final day on foot. I worked from midtown to South Ferry, pushing what felt like 75lbs (or more!) down the street, dropping off "pin-ups" at Duane Reade stores around the city (they are our presenting sponsor). (Now when you go in Duane Reade, you can donate to AIDS Walk right at the register!) While I felt like quitting several times (especially when my wheels jammed), I made it through. Feeling grateful to be in a cozy house.

What inspired me through that day?

Well, this did: (I listened to it on repeat at various points on my way to work, and it got me pumped for the day!)


Never have I felt more grateful to not have to navigate Manhattan streets and subways with a cart.

Have a good day, everyone.

Best wishes,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment